Bill,
Let me explain this in a different way, which is how you might be affected by
it...

You might be seeing more New Function APARs (which Ed explained, is what many
know as Small Programming Enhancements, or SPEs) in the service stream across
the entire z/OS platform from many IBM products that are still in development.
(This is because we are using newer development methods.)  If you wish to find
a consolidated list of those New Function APARs, there are two ways to do that:
 the subscription and the website.

These "new" New Function APARs are really no different that the "old" New
Function APARs, but you might just notice that there are more of them.  Also,
you might notice that something you had a requirement for could be coming in a
product's service stream and not necessarily wait until that product has a new
release level.  For that reason, you might want to know what new functions in
PTFs there are out there.

"Service Delivery" means PTFs (++PTF).  "Release Delivery" means a new VRM
(++FUNCTION).  These are terms that are important to understand, as it impacts
how (and when) you get new functions.

-Marna WALLE
z/OS Installation, IBM Poughkeepsie