On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:05:08 -0600, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>Hmmm.  If I were to ALLOCATE a UNIX directory with DSORG=PS,
>RECFM-F,LRECL=256; could I read it as a PDS directory?

No.  And well documented; a limitation for strong technical reasons,
unlike some arbitrary limitations z/OS imposes.  But it has dismaying
consequences: it's probably a contributing factor to ISPF LM's inability
to process UNIX directories.

Researching this, I found instructions in Using Data Sets that cause
a JCL error.  RCF submitted.

-- gil