>Would YOU buy a product from a vendor that talked to
>you like that?

Maybe not. But why wouldn't helpful technical support say
"please issue DISPLAY PROG,APF and let me see the output so that I can
help you figure out what is wrong?"
How do you think conversations go for just about anyone when customers
report problems?  An early step is for the customer to make available the
data that can help to diagnose the problem. (unless you're talking to a
helpless desk that tells you to power off and power on, or uninstall and
re-install).

And in the case at hand, what did the customer say if they had asserted
that all the libraries were APF authorized and you found that there were 3
in the concatenation that weren't? Maybe your technical support should
offer to make a friendly wager with the customer about the state of things
(because "apparently not authorized" is a wimpy -- but possibly necessary
-- way of stating the fact "is not considered by the system to be
APF-authorized").

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design