On Tue, 30 May 2017 15:08:28 +0000, David L. Craig wrote:

>On 17May29:2346-0400, Gabe Goldberg wrote:
>
>> It's amazing what technology can do:
>> http://ericwhitacre.com/the-virtual-choir
>>
>> https://www.ted.com/talks/eric_whitacre_a_virtual_choir_2_000_voices_strong
>>
>> ...not symphony, but still remote collaboration.
>>
>> Timothy Sipples quoted
>>
>> > A symphony can hardly be performed with everyone working remotely....
>
>The collaboration is not in real time.  It's like getting
>a thousand postcards and taping them together into a collage.
>Realtime remote jamming infrastructure is still battling
>with the speed of light, but in a few decades modulation of
>entangled atoms separated by hundreds of kilometers will
>probably trickle down into the high-level musician's home
>studio infrastructure.

Interesting pre-pre-pre-Friday topic.  I take SR's prohibition of
superluminal communication as absolute.  But can a choir be
synchronized without transmitting information from one member
to another?  This seems to reflect the assumption for quantum
computing.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPR_paradox#Measurements_on_an_entangled_state

-- gil