On 2/14/2018 12:23 PM, Benik, John E wrote:
Yes I know that but our company is also moving away from VRS's  in my opinion
doing something like this...

MCATTR(ALL)        /* USE SMS MANAGEMENT.          */ -
RM(EXPDT(GDG(WHILECATALOG(UNTILEXPIRED),RETPD(0))     -
NOGDG(WHILECATALOG(UNTILEXPIRED),RETPD(0))   -
LASTREF(0) CATLGDAYS(0) RETAINBY(SET))) /* RET METHOD */ -

In the RMM parms to get catalog control is just easier, and getting much closer
to CA-1 which so many of us are familiar with.  In addition RMM now has EDM for
HSM data.  In Z/OS 2.3 the default is yes.  But you can also use a parm of
EDM(YES) and all HSM migrates and backups will be externally data managed, also
similar to CA-1.  I have been told a lot of the things that used to require
modifications to the UXTABLE will be moving to the parmlib in Z/OS 2.3

John Benik | Optum

John,

Nice work if you can get it my friend. I'm stuck on V2R1 for the time being.

Regards,
Tom Conley