>>>> Karen - what kind of parrots do you have?  I have a 40 year old sulpher
crested cockatoo and a 3.5 year old grey (who continues to crack me up every
day)...even though I am in So Cal, it gets cold where I am and I have a heck
of a time keeping my girls warm this time of year.  I find that a lot of
horse people also have birds...


We have a pushing-30-or-older blue and gold macaw, Crackers, that was wild
caught many years ago. My husband let my then 14-year-old daughter talk her
into buying him 13 years ago, so we really don't know exactly how old he is
now - they knew he'd been in the USA at least 13-14 years then, maybe
longer.  Before that, we'd only had parakeets.  I have a 14-year-old African
gray female, that I've had since she was a year old.  She was a hand-fed
baby.  Hoover, the crazy Goffin Cockatoo, is over 20 - man, I hadn't really
thought about him being that old.  He was about 12 or so when we got him
back about 1996, so he could even be over 25.  He was wild-caught too.  And,
finally, there's Ernie, a 12-year-old Jenday Conure that a breeder gave my
daughter to finish hand-feeding.  They stay in the house in the winter here,
but we take them out in the summer.

We have leashes for them, and for years we rented a house at the NC Outer
Banks every summer.  We'd take them walking on the beach every afternoon.
The blue and gold particularly loved it.  Yep, it seems like a lot of horse
people have parrots too.  :)

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.28/1123 - Release Date: 11/10/2007
3:47 PM




IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate, 
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and 
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer


[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to