> But all Free Software community
> asks is not to mix us these and don't use pragmatic values to
> represent Free Software.

I agree. After all if you are a religious preacher, you cannot promote
atheism in your sermons. Agreed. But don't condemn those who are
atheists! (I am using an analogy here).

> You are mixing up things and being unclear about issues. As you
> mentioned earlier about the patent menace, it is a big issue and what
> Novell did to the patent equation was very damaging to the community.
> Novell's deal gave legitimacy to Microsoft's patents claims on Free
> Software and it divided the community between those who pay royalties
> to Microsoft and those who do not. It was clearly a deal that went
> against the spirit of the GPL and community had to come up with better
> wording in GPLv3. And what is your position with respect the the
> Novell-Microsoft deal? Do you support it?

Software patents are evil and Novell's actions gave it a pseudo
legitimacy. I have no doubt about it. But when you protest it, you
need to follow the rules of the land. After all, we are a democracy.

> Nobody is questioning that. Free Software is about choosing what is
> ethically right for the society. You may disagree with, that is
> perfectly OK. But don't tell we should change our values.

I won't. Yet I reserve my right to fight for what *I* think is
ethically correct. I don't buy the argument that 'either you are with
us or with them'.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law". 
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to