I use SM4.3 and haven't run into the "no sender", "no subject" emails.  It's a
solid product.  But that's just my opinion.

Mike

Jeffrey Rehm wrote:

I'm running SmarterMail with a few of my customers and wish now I would
have never used it with them.  They are constantly being plagued with no
sender, no subject emails that Smarter Tools has said was an issue with
corruption of the grp files in Smarter Mail.  I've followed every
instruction they've given me to resolve the issue, but it continues.
The cure is relatively simple, but it shouldn't happen at all.

The other thing I don't like about SmarterMail is it doesn't have the
client that IMail installs for quick and easy access to a users mailbox
to remove funky emails that will hang some mail clients (GoldMine being
one of those).  With SmarterMail I have to login through the web
interface and remove them there, which can be a VERY slow and painful
process.  SmarterMail is no longer an option for my customers because I
refuse to sell and install it.

Actually, the only reason I switch to SmarterMail from IMail was during
the period a while back when some folks at IPSwitch seemed to lose their
minds and take IMail away as a standalone product, but once intelligence
returned to IPSwitch I went back to IMail.