It hurts me a bit that instead of clearly and unambigously saying "I am against this and any other cross-country imports, regardless of their nature and sources", you are pulling all the obscure Import Guidelines points to make me do tons of extra community work, like finding communication channels for ~20 countries and convincing every single mapper on these, in their local languages.

This is what people are talking when they write about CoC. I imagine you think your message is clear, to the point, and "business as usual". But if I were new here, I'd slam the door muttering "to hell with OSM, never again".

The only constructive suggestion I could dig from your message (again, deeply buried in sarcasm) is that I should make a wiki page. I did it for all the past POI imports, and will do one for this import. Sorry that I forgot this time.

I am certainly looking forward to another article of yours on the negative impact of large POI imports. I did many conference talks on the positive impact already, and only Frederik has articulated his alternative opinion clearly.

Or, if you want to be more positive, could you outline an acceptable workflow for such imports, that do not require learning dozen of foreign languages and going through a hundred mappers individually.

Ilya