Hi folks,

Am 01.08.2008 um 12:30 schrieb Antony Dovgal:

On 01.08.2008 14:20, Scott MacVicar wrote:
ext/pdo_sqlite and ext/sqlite3 use the same underlying lib so its just another wrapper but without the PDO crap on top.

I know, I know.
But why enable it by default (as well as PDO_SQLITE)? What's so extremely useful in this extension that every user needs it?

FWIW: In TYPO3 5.0 we rely on PDO_SQLITE and use it as the default database directly after the installation of TYPO3. Not because SQLite is such a performant database, but rather because we can use it without having to ask the user for any configuration / credentials. Later on the user has the opportunity to move her data into a more sophisticated database such as MySQL or Oracle.

So from our point of the universe: Please keep PDO_SQLITE enabled, it makes our lives much easier.

Cheers,
Robert