Hello Robert,

> Hi folks,

> Am 01.08.2008 um 12:30 schrieb Antony Dovgal:

>> On 01.08.2008 14:20, Scott MacVicar wrote:
>>> ext/pdo_sqlite and ext/sqlite3 use the same underlying lib so its
>>> just another wrapper but without the PDO crap on top.
>>
>> I know, I know.
>> But why enable it by default (as well as PDO_SQLITE)? What's so
>> extremely useful in this extension that every user needs it?

> FWIW: In TYPO3 5.0 we rely on PDO_SQLITE and use it as the default
> database directly after the installation of TYPO3. Not because SQLite
> is such a performant database, but rather because we can use it
> without having to ask the user for any configuration / credentials.
> Later on the user has the opportunity to move her data into a more
> sophisticated database such as MySQL or Oracle.

> So from our point of the universe: Please keep PDO_SQLITE enabled, it
> makes our lives much easier.

Stuff like this is the exact reason we enabled SQLite by default from the
beginning. We discussed it as soon as SQLite was created and all agreed
that we should have at least one database always enabled.

Now if Type3, one of the largest users of PHP, requires PDO_SQLite, we
should definitively enable it by default.

And actually my opinion is that there hardly is a reason for an extension
to be in core if it is not enabled by default.

Best regards,
 Marcus