hi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> I was in a van with my son-in-law yesterday and we got around to discussing
> websites and the like. I run his sites, but HE uses Joomla, so although it's
> PHP he has no interest in the language as such as long as Joomla works. So
> this morning I though 'What ARE people using with PHP?" expecting to see a
> large chunk of the 90 odd % of websites actually using PHP to be using
> something to hide that, and got something of a surprise ...
> http://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/content_management/all
> makes interesting reading, and so while I was anticipating that a large
> chunk of users would be excluded from 'PHP' related questions, the reverse
> seems to be the truth?

We have discussed that hundred of times in the past. However let me
try to compare with other mainstream products, in an understandable
way:

a company A delivers materials to a cell manufacturer  > The
manufacturer sells ready to be used cells to end users. End users do
not care if the cell use a chip from Company A or B as long as it
works.

the manufacturer reports needs&feedback to the company A, based on its
customers feedback and needs

PHP is the company A, Joomla/Wordpress&co are the cell manufacturers.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye