On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Christopher Jones
<christopher.jo...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 02/21/2013 03:02 AM, Florian Anderiasch wrote:
>>
>> On 02/21/2013 08:14 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:
>>
>>> I do not have a single doubt. Why? Surveys are one of many ways to get
>>> feedback. They have no contracting values but give us some numbers about
>>> one rfc or another. That may help us to focus on one feature instead of
>>> another if we see a large number of users looking forward to it.
>>

>> You'll never get perfect results, but I prefer results at all over none :)
>>
>> There have been a lot of those for other languages:
>>
>> -
>>
>> http://cemerick.com/2012/08/06/results-of-the-2012-state-of-clojure-survey/
>> - http://survey.perlfoundation.org/
>> - http://survey.hamptoncatlin.com/
>>

> For the mail archives, there are also these (more focused) reports:
>
> http://static.zend.com/topics/zend-developer-pulse-survey-report-Q2-2012-0612-EN.pdf
>
> http://downloads.zend.com/guides/whitepapers/State_of_PHP_in_the_Enterprise_061212.pdf
>

> Chris
>
> --
> christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd
> Newly updated, free PHP & Oracle book:
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/php/underground-php-oracle-manual-098250.html
>
> --

Hello,

I see that people would rather agree with a RFC on
polls on the website so I think we should rather get a
RFC going and take it from there.

I'll gladly make it if needed so just let me know.

Also, maybe the conference organizers could help
the PHP community by having surveys at the
conference they are organizing and provide the
feedback on their website.

What do you think?

Best regards.
----