On 02/20/2013 12:00 PM, Paul Reinheimer wrote:
Hi All,

My apologies for the intrusion, I'll keep this brief.

In many discussions over the past few months there has been talk about what
the community at large needs. Pierre said just earlier today:

"I would also say it us time for us to get back in sync with the
communities needs. I am not talking about the last days RFCs but in
general."

Hi Paul,

My thesis is the other way round.  More people in the community need
to become PHP core developers.  This is historically how PHP
development has occurred, since nobody has idle time to adopt projects
they are not 100% behind.

Increasing user involvement is easier (and more often) said than done.
I'd prefer to see effort spent mentoring, rather than running surveys.

I do have a lot of reservations about a survey.  But if you do run
one, I'm sure I'll look at the results.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd