On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Mika Fischer wrote:

> One issue I ran into though:
> On my system I've set [EMAIL PROTECTED] (ISO-8859-15). This leads to the
> text in the bars above the windows and in the query windows being
> invisible.
> When I start ion-devel with "LC_CTYPE=de_DE ion-devel" (ISO-8859-1),
> then all is well.
> (and yes I have the necessary fonts installed and it does work for other
> applications too.)
>
> My version of ion-devel is 20030814 from Debian.

I think it is due to the fact that ion-devel in Debian is compiled with
UTF-8 support. Tuomo has warned us that there are problems with the UTF-8
support, but some time ago he said that he had implemented a check that
should make it safe for packagers to enable UTF-8. There was also someone
else who had a [1]problem where @euro locales were involved, but that
person could see the text as I understand it.

It would be helpful if you could try ion-devel without the UTF-8 option.
Either rebuild the Debian package with it disabled, or use the official
tarball, and let me know if it works.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.ion.general/3800

Reply via email to