Hi, Per!

* Per Olofsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-10-17 15:47]:
> I don't know why the fixed font doesn't display, however. What if you use
> "fixed" instead of "-*-fixed-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-"?

OK, we're getting somwhere I think. :)
You're right. Using "fixed" does work. And I think the reason is that on
my system "-*-fixed..." defaults to:
"-*-fixed-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-jisx0208.1983-0" which has a really weird
encoding and looks like Chinese to me :)

So, when I use this font it's invisible in ion (with UTF disabled).
It's invisible in xterm, rxvt and Eterm as well.
There is no error message though.

I guess one could live with this and I don't even know if there's a way
ion could check the encoding of the font to make sure it matches the
locale.

The problem with the UTF version persists though. With
LC_CTYPE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" I can't get any font to be displayed, not even if
I am specific like:
"-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--18-120-100-100-c-90-iso8859-15"
And there is no error message here either.

> So I will have to disable UTF-8 in the package, I guess.

I don't know. Perhaps we should try to fix the bug :)
I'd also like to help but I really don't know much about fonts and all
this stuff so you'd need to direct me a little...

Cheers,
 Mika

Reply via email to