Hi, Per!

* Per Olofsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-10-16 19:38]:
> I think it is due to the fact that ion-devel in Debian is compiled with
> UTF-8 support. Tuomo has warned us that there are problems with the UTF-8
> support, but some time ago he said that he had implemented a check that
> should make it safe for packagers to enable UTF-8. There was also someone
> else who had a [1]problem where @euro locales were involved, but that
> person could see the text as I understand it.

OK, I tried LC_CTYPEs of de_DE.ISO-8859-15 [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
[EMAIL PROTECTED], all of which resulted in: setlocale() failed.

> It would be helpful if you could try ion-devel without the UTF-8 option.
> Either rebuild the Debian package with it disabled, or use the official
> tarball, and let me know if it works.

I rebuilt the package and it works partly now. The texts are visible
with the default fonts (Helvetica 12 and 14), but not with "fixed" for
example (-*-fixed-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-). I've got
xfonts-base-transcoded installed.

Ah, and I'm using the X 4.3.0 packages from Debian experimental.

If there's more I can do to help, please keep telling :)

Cheers,
 Mika

Reply via email to