> Did I miss anything?  If not, it appears that maybe all that's left to
> do to complete the roll to v1.8.9 is to commit the patches for items
1-5
> plus Arkadiusz's 1/24 Makefile patch, maybe live with #6 for now and
fix
> it in the next release, get more info on #7, and get Steffen's patch
> (#8) to review for inclusion.  Additionally, maybe consider including
> some of the patches in items 10, 12, 13, and 14 for 1.8.9 and working
> get whichever of these patches doesn't make it in and the other
> outstanding issues fixed in v1.8.10.

Hi Petter,

Regarding the list from my 2/20/07 email, item #'s 1-5 are now complete.
Additionally, #'s 9, 10, and 14 have also been completed.  AFAIK, the
code is ready for final regression testing and release at this time.  It
appears that Duncan already changed the version number to 1.8.9 too. ;-)
I've done a few build tests on a couple of different distros and will do
more regression testing of commands tomorrow.

I believe John Blair (and possibly Steffen as well) may want to submit a
final patch for inclusion in 1.8.9.  I'd like to propose that we freeze
the cvs tree within a day or two to give folks time to submit any ready
and tested patches?  Anyone second this proposal?

Thanks again for all your help,

Carol Hebert