On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 09:11 +0000, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Carol Hebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > 8) per 2/16 email from Steffen Persvold:
> > . patch mentioned to fix some SOL functionality issues for Intel 1.5
> > BMCs.  ?? I didn't see the patch attached to Steffen's email?
>
> Hi,
>
> The patches are included in Steffen's email, I can see them on Gmane. They
> apply
> to ipmitool-1.8.9 without modification, and actually enable some important
> functionality for me. The patched version bears some authentication
> instability
> not present in 1.8.1, which I'm about to test (possibly unrelated), but
> meanwhile I'd like to inquire the developers' opinion. Why was this patch
> omitted from 1.8.9?

Hi,

It seems the patch was stripped from my digested ipmitool mail although
I can clearly see the patch posted when I view Steffan's email on
Gmane.

In most cases, the patches that didn't make it into 1.8.9 were due to
the patch coming in after the major ipmitool pre-1.8.9 testing was
complete or to the patch not receiving an ipmitool-devel review and/or
OK in time.  Nevertheless, I believe Steffan's patch was one we'd
intended to include but it just didn't make it in.

I would be happy to help get Steffan's patch into the cvs tree in
anticipation of a future v1.8.10.  Please let me know if your testing
finds an issue with the patch or if your testing indicates it's ok
as-is.

Thanks,

Carol