> > If anyone has time, I would like these libraries to be reviewed, and
> > improved if possible.
>
> I'll have to give your libraries a whirl when I get some time - I've
> got a ENC module somewhere and also an old EDTP 'ethernet mini' with a
> 18F67J60. I still have the old NE2000 'packetwhacker' and the WIFI
> card, and it should be easy enough to write drivers for them that
> would plug into your 'stack'.

Thanks william, you can read some of my notes in network_main.jal for
adding a new network adapter, and how it works. I do however suggest
you go with one of microchip's WIFI devices.

> Is there a website or other docs that gives an overview and the
> various tradeoffs you may have made with your networking stack?

I don't have experience with other people's micro-controller
networking code, so I don't know what tradeoffs I have done compared
to them. I tried to make it as memory efficient as possible. Mainly,
network variables can move within the main array, depending on a
pointer. Without this, I would need duplicate variables.

> It might be worth considering moving SLIP to the networking directory?
I guess it is ok where it is. Some users may use SLIP for things other
then networking.

> If you want another UDP 'application', a minimal DHCP client wouldn't
> be too hard.  But static IP is fine too.

Yep, I'll look into that soon.

> Microchip makes some inexpensive serial 'eeprom' chips that have
> unique MAC address.  I've used the SPI and I2C versions.
> Incorporating one of those in your sample would be neat.  The
> libraries are already in JALLIB. :-)
>
> William

Sounds good, next time I order parts, I'll get one.

I have not encountered/tested a overflowing buffer. This should not
happen if the UDP application is written correctly, but I need to test
anyways.

I definitely need to make some real world samples as you suggested in
the other topic. There are so many useful applications that could be
written.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to