On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Vasi,
>
> 2011/1/14 funlw65(Vasi) <[email protected]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I said in the first comment:
> >
> > "I think I wanted to see how low can be the delay after a
> > conversion...
> > otherwise I can't remember... "
> >
>
> I know you did. And after that you say you tried again using the
> program from your website and it works okay. The program from your
> website does not work for me and that might be related to the delay
> mentioned. So i'm interested in the answer on:
> > What is the delay in  convert_18B20() you use?
> for the test you just did...
>
> I worked on the library this evening and rearranged more stuff. I get
> a bit confused of all the different functions. Where it boils down to
> is:
> - you can read the temperature only (crc is not read).
> or
> - you can read the temperature with crc (actually the full
> scratchpad), check if the crc is correct and retry a number of times.
>
> and
> - you can get the temperature as a 'raw' value (a signed fixed point word)
> or
> - you can get the temperature split in two bytes and a sign
>
> and
> - you can work with an id (multiple devices)
> or
> - you can work with a single device.
>
> What would you say if the number of functions is reduced, but the
> behaviour of this functions can be controlled with constants?
> So you will only have two read functions, one with _s_ and one without.
> With constants you can control:
> - if just the two tempature bytes are read, or crc is also read and
> checked.
> - the max nr of times the device is re-read when there is a crc error
> - if the return value is raw or 'fixed point decimal'
>
> And with  decimal I mean a word in range from 1280 to -1270,
> corresponding from 128.0 degrees to minus 127.0 degrees. This should
> be properly handled with format.jal and a good replacement for the
> three vars unit, digit and sign that are used now...
>

even when display on a 7 segment?

Vasile

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to