> Doesn't seem too bad - I don't really have anything to compare it with.
> Seems reasonably comparable to a commodore 64.

Thanks for the video :)

> Well there's obviously something not right with glcd_write_char_pbp but I
> can't say what yet. I thought I'd wait until I had a concise, constructive
> list (and I'm only getting a few tens of minutes of development per night in
> at the moment).

I think you can draw any font with glcd_write_char_pbp, but it may
suffer slowness here.

ks0108 is ment to write 8 pixels at a time. If you wish to write one
pixel, the library reads 8 pixels first, sets the appropriate pixel,
then writes 8 pixels again.

If you look closer at the pseudo var 'glcd', if glcd_write_char does
not exist, and you set GLCD_USE_BLOCK_WRITE = FALSE (the default),
you'll be using glcd_write_char_pbp (which uses glcd_write_pixel) to
draw fonts.

Seb, instead of giving same naming prodecures in lcd device libs like
'glcd_write_char', we could name them like 'ks0108_write_char' then do
an alias during the include block in the sample. Similar to what we
are doing with SPI. This would give the user the option to enable/
disable the 'if defined' statements in glcd_common. What do you think?

example:

const GLCD_USE_BLOCK_WRITE = FALSE
alias glcd_write_pixel is ks0108_write_pixel
alias glcd_write_char is ks0108_write_char -- comment out to draw
fonts with write_pixel
include glcd_common

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to