I have always used alt d and do the same.

On 2/28/2015 12:49 AM, Mike Boyd wrote:
For years now, and several IE versions, I have used Control + L to open the Address and search text box. The web address of whatever page you are on will be in the box by default, and highlighted, so all you have to do is press Control + C to copy the contents from the edit box. Then it can be pasted anywhere that you please.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

Best regards,
Michael Boyd
mikeboy...@outlook.com
(985) 856-6135
-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Copy Command Doesn't Work

Let me try to explain this problem another way. When I press either Alt-D or F6 in IE 8, the address bar is empty; there is just a blank edit field. I must have inadvertently hit some keystroke command such that the contents
of the address bar are no longer being displayed.  How can I fix this
problem so that pressing either Alt-D or F6 once again displays the contents of the address bar? I seem to vaguely remember something about the command Control-F10 having something to do with placing focus on the contents of the
address bar, but I'm not really sure.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Ray" <ghr...@charter.net>