I prefer to use framework something like codeigniter  which is the very
lovely one ,  and about if it is worth or not?  depend on you application ,
is there many development phases ? is there  many changes will be applied
through site life?
if yes I think you  need to use framework or database abstraction layer and
a templating engine.

see this class from Ezcomponent may be it will be useful:
http://ez.no/doc/components/view/latest/(file)/introduction_Database.html#introduction

regards,
hafez

On 10/16/07, Al-Faisal El-Dajani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been searching lately for a database abstraction layer to use with a
> new project i'm about to start. I tried building my own, and using pear's
> MDB2, and hated both. During my search, i came along many forums that were
> discussing if it is worth using one in the first place (of course,
> templating engines were dragged into the discussion as well). So my question
> is, is it worth using a database abstraction layer and a templating engine?
> if so which do you recommend? if not why?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Al-Faisal El-Dajani
> Phone: +962-7-79 73 70 50
> P.O Box: 140056
> 11814 Amman, Jordan
> >
>


-- 
Hafez A.Ahmad
Amman-Jordan
mobile:962-785259011
           962-795708728
http://blog.hafezadnan.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Jordan PHP Users Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/JoPHP
http://Jolug.org/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to