TARABA AMF

On 10/17/07, zaid emeish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> to be honest with u man. and we discussed this on the phone many times.
> that these guys don't want to spend time researching. and i think it's not
> just their fault. its the educational programming they got in school,
> college.... etc. so here is what u need to do guys. there is a business
> rule. it's called the 80 - 20 (eighty twenty rule). what this means. in
> business 80% of the income is generated by 20% of the customers. and u
> should apply this to programming. spend 80% of ur time on research and
> reading. and 20% actually programming. and when u have a specific problem
> that u can't solve. and can't find the solution on Google (which I doubt).
> then come here and ask the question. u have some great great developers here
> that have huge knowledge and can help. but you have to ask the right
> question.
>
> Guys I am sorry if I am too honest with u. but if u keep asking vague
> questions. u will get vague answers. use this group wisely. Absorb Ammars
> knowledge and mine as much as u can. we worked on huge complex projects. and
> we can help. but only if u ask the right question and put the right effort.
>
> --Zaid
>
>
> On 10/17/07, Ammar Ibrahim < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I totally agree on what you've said.
> >
> > The problem is that most programmers confuse DB Abstraction Layers, with
> > Database Wrappers. There are many approaches to simplify, unify & extend
> > Database functionality. I generally think a DB Abstraction Layer is very
> > useful if you're developing a *product* that needs to run with different
> > databases. Managing the differences in SQL dialects is a nightmare! I would
> > rather use some sort of a layer to handle that, and I certainly wouldn't
> > write my own, unless I know exactly why I need to do that.
> >
> > As far as I know, MDB2 & ADOdb are the two most mature, full fledged
> > abstraction layers out there.
> >
> > That said, it doesn't mean you shouldn't abstract Data Access (Models).
> > Abstracting data from the application is a must, in MVC terms, that would be
> > writing models. You can still write excellent models using native DB
> > functions, e.g. mysql_*
> >
> > - Ammar
> >
> > On 10/17/07, zaid emeish < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Ok. for a start. there are no rules in programming. there are only
> > > guide lines. so if you are looking to use a DB layer. you should ask 
> > > urself
> > > a few questions:
> > > 1- Do I really need a DB layer?
> > > 2- If Do I use one. is it gonna make my job easier?
> > > 3- What exactly do I want this layer to do?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Jordan PHP Users Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/JoPHP
http://Jolug.org/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to