At 01:29 AM 3/28/2004, you wrote:
 Hi
 I am making a roller pillow as the ones I have are not wide enough. I have
 started with a swim noodle and added extensions of the same kind to make it
 thicker. But I need to make it even thicker! What is the best way to do?


Hi,

For a temporary roller, a swim noodle works well, but it does not hold up well over time. My travel pillow had one and it disintegrated in the center section after making only 120 inches of lace.

The best material for a roller is wool cloth. A swim noodle would work as a base to a roller that had at least an inch of wool cloth wound around it. The pins would stay in the wool part and would not break down the noodle.

OR -- Use a wooden dowel (or a support cylinder of some kind) and wrap it tightly with wool to the size you want the roller to be. Then cover the wool with whatever material you want on the top.

The wool is nice to pin into, holds the pins well, and will release the pins without stress. And---it will not disintegrate as long as you don't let the wool moths get into it. It will last forever-- or at least your lifetime. <G>

This is all personal opinion, so there may be other ideas and viewpoints from roller makers of different kinds. I'm interested in comments from other people on this subject.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- where a sunny day is beginning.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to