Dear Ann-Marie, I have made roller (bolster) pillows for my lace class, and Friend Husband made table-top frames for them to sit in. I went to the local carpet shop and got the rollers the carpets come rolled on. They are made of *heavy* stock about 1/2 inch thick, 4 to 6 inch diameter, and hollow in the middle, and they are free! FH cut them into the proper lengths in his wood shop.
I wound them with strips of felt I bought by the yard at the fabric store. I have found that good quality felt works well as a padding; stretch it well and use strips not so wide as the base 'cause it will stretch easier. If one has an old wool blanket or coat, the last few winds can be wool, but the felt alone is fine "on my watch!" Then cover it with muslin followed by the final cover. I don't particularly like bolster pillows and still have a couple in my pillow stash. Handy to have tho should I ever decide to do a 15 inch wide piece of lace <g>... Lori probably has a roller (bolster) pillow directions on her web site. Happy rollering, Betty Ann in Roanoke Virginia USA Ann-Marie L�rdal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Subject: Re: [lace] making a roller At 01:29 AM 3/28/2004, you wrote: > I am making a roller pillow as the ones I have are not wide enough. I have > started with a swim noodle and added extensions of the same kind to make it > thicker. But I need to make it even thicker! What is the best way to do? - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
