Hi Ann-Marie and lace list

Yes, your wool fabric around the pool noodle will work fine. The noodle
won't receive direct pinholes if the pins go through several layers of
fabric first. You might want to wrap a layer of cotton fabric over it all
I like having a cotton surface with wool underneath. It is better to the
touch.

Any core will do for a roller - a pencil even! but the fabric must be
wound tightly. To keep it in place when I've finished rolling, I just put
pins in at the edges. The pricking in place also keeps the fabric in
place.

A roller pillow needs only a measured amount of fabric, of course, but on
another matter regarding pillow covering:

I have not tried it yet but I have found some potential pillow covering
from, of all places, a pool/billiards table sales room. My son is
recovering a pool table and bought some discarded felt from them, good
enough to put on a basement pool table, and lots leftover. I don't know
how it has been treated, whether with fire retardant for instance, thus
how it might 'feel' to the lacemaker - certainly I'm washing it first, and
if it shrinks that should still be ok.

We have a law against smoking in the workplace locally, and the felt does
not smell of cigarette smoke - this might be a problem in some
jurisdictions. The felt fabric itself seems v. durable and strong. Comes
in the muted colours that we lacemakers tend to prefer for our pillows.

The price was right - $15 for the entire discarded covering so there is
another source for anyone to consider.

 -- bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to