I ignore the 4-field rule also, and I am in the US.  Pretty much all my
relatives are in cities, some of them quite close to each other (and one
grandfather has at least 15 street addresses).  So I include street
addresses, and phooey with the 4-field bit.  I consistently have 5.
Doesn't seem to bother anything that I can see.

                 Elizabeth C