On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Thomas Passin <tbp100...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more reason I found it hard to adjust the colors is that so many of
> the syntax colors have those JEdit names, like "literal2_color".  What the
> heck does that map to?

‚ÄčThese map directly to the constants defined in each .py file in the
leo/modes folder.  There is a script to generate these .py files directly
from the jEdit .xml syntax coloring files.

The code in leoColorizer.py uses these name to init various data
structures.  The actual colorizing code knows nothing *directly *about the
names, but the names are bound (in the modes/*.py files) to arguments to
the pattern matches in leoColorizer.py.

In short, these names can't be changed.