On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 05:09:48 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This simple description results from *eliminating* four @color
> settings. The old way was something like this:
>
> QLineEdit#status1[style_class ~= 'info'],
> QLineEdit#status2[style_class ~= 'info'] {
>     background: @blah_blah_blah1;
>     color: @blah_blah_blah2;
> }
>
> QLineEdit#status1[style_class ~= 'fail'],
> QLineEdit#status2[style_class ~= 'fail'] {
>     background: @blah_blah_blah3;
>     color: @blah_blah_blah3;
> }
>
> :-)
>
> The old way *obscures* these settings! We don't know what colors the
> "blah_blah_blah" settings mean!

Still disagree - blah_blah_blah isn't a reasonable example.  What did
it really say?  @theme_error_color?  @theme_highlight_color?

I don't think a theme author *must* organize their themes that way, but
I think it's perfectly reasonable that they do so.  Again it would be
trivial to write a command that prints something like

@theme_highlight_color
@solarized-orange
#ffaa22

in the log when run with "@theme_highlight_color" selected.

Also as far as I know the ~= operator isn't working in PyQt5 >= 5.8

Cheers -Terry