On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:57:26 +0000, Pete Batard said:
>
>>> Regarding build using Xcode I added a config.h for Xcode. So it is now
>>> possible to build using Xcode without using ./configure first.
>>> Use my xcode branch at https://github.com/LudovicRousseau/libusbx/tree/xcode
>>
>>I haven't had a chance to follow closely on the Xcode support discussion
>>but is your Xcode branch ready for integration?
>
> Has anyone except the author (Ludovic) tried it?  I have not yet.
> I'd argue it's not ready for integration yet.

I have tried it. I have to modified it since it is targeting Mac OS X
Mountain Lion and my system is OS X Lion. So I agree it is not
ready for integration.

> Since no one but me seems to like the CMake idea, I guess
> going with an Xcode project is the next best solution, but we
> then need to decide what versions of Xcode to support.  I only looked
> quickly, but it looks like an Xcode 4 project; personally, I'd like to
> support back to Xcode 3.1.4 (the last version that supported Mac
> OS X 10.5).

If you can come out with a universal Xcode project working for
Mac OS X 10.5 and later, that would be good. But I know
next to nothing about Xcode myself.

--
Xiaofan