Biju george:

However interesting this topic may be, and certainly it's got me thinking about ways I can protect my projects, are you absolutely sure what you are doing is actually warranted or even allowed?

You've said that you don't want your client making "illegal copies" of the disc, but surely it is ultimately their product once they've paid for it and thus they can do whatever they want with it at that time. Now obviously we all would like to manage the duplication side too so we have a further source of income, but unless your client is contractually signed to getting duplication through you, you can't really dictate to them whether they copy the CD or not and could potentially land you in hot water with them.

If you really want to protect this project I think the best option is that of machine-specific activation. That way even though you can replicate the discs, you can only use its contents once unlocked with a secure key, but again you will need to find out if this is a viable route as your client may not want to have the hassle of managing such protection, and it's really their call in the end.

I hope we can come up with a solution as it will be a very useful thing to know, but it might save you a lot of wasted effort and problems if you find out for sure if this is something you're authorised to do.

Just my 2penneth

Ross

___________________________________________________________ How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com