Personally, I've could never READ the Director manuals (except any specific chapters that I was required to review). I learned using OJT & a handful of third-party books. And of course I had the advantage that as a last resort I could actually ASK. The funny thing about asking was that fairly often people were unsure & what the product actually DOES became the most complete answer.

I'm firm in my belief that an electronic manual could/should be BETTER than the printed in terms of access to the content, but so far the Help System has seemed like an electronic cousin of the paper version with both versions suffering because of it.

& they both have generated LOTS of content complaints
(due largely do to the vastness of Director, IMHO).

Luckily, I've been pretty good at using whatever flavor of Help System that MACR has delivered, even when I felt that some of them were not an improvement. I sometimes hacked around their structure a bit to make it a little more usable for myself.

just my opinions
-Buzz