The ASCII controller was the 7171, developed by Dr. Wehrle's team in the
Glendale Lab in the 1980's.
My car pool buddy at the time, Tom Murphy Jr. (the other Tom Murphy for
those of you in VM) was the lead
developer on that box.

Fred C. Shaheen
Manager, System z Virtualization Development

   Phone: 1-607-429-4372 | Tie-Line: 620-4372
  IBM
   Mobile: 1-607-237-4628
   E-mail: shahe...@us.ibm.com                                          1701
North St

Endicott, NY

13760-5553
                                                                        United
States

'Intention without action is only a dream.  In the end it isn't what we
want to do or plan to do but what we actually do that makes any
difference.'
Mark Sanborn