Thinking about this a little more, I think what would be nice to have is
something along the lines of the OSA-ICC, which presents locally
attached 3270 device to the O/S, but is reachable via TCP/IP.

We could call it the OSA-ASC and it would present a locally attached
VT220 to either Linux running native in an LPAR or to Linux running as a
guest of z/VM, also reachable via TCP/IP.

No need to have access to the HMC and it's Integrated ASCII console.

DJ

---
DAVID JONES | MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR ZSYSTEMS SERVICES | z/VM, Linux, and
Cloud
703.237.7370 (Office) | 281.578.7544 (CELL)

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY