On 02.03.21 21:56, Dave Jones wrote:
Thinking about this a little more, I think what would be nice to have is
something along the lines of the OSA-ICC, which presents locally
attached 3270 device to the O/S, but is reachable via TCP/IP.

We could call it the OSA-ASC and it would present a locally attached
VT220 to either Linux running native in an LPAR or to Linux running as a
guest of z/VM, also reachable via TCP/IP.

This is basically the KVM model. We do provide virtual VT220 to the guest and
pass that along to local processes or network processes like virt-manager.

Not sure how hard that would be for z/VM as the model of operation is somewhat
tied to the 3270 console.

No need to have access to the HMC and it's Integrated ASCII console.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390