Oddly I have a Latitude e7220 that I get this on almost constantly
across all keys, that it'll just repeat to infinity on at times after
furious typing and/or backspacing.  Hitting two keys at the same time
seems to trigger it.  I'm amazed I haven't thrown it across a room at
times, but I really do like the device otherwise that I've learned to
almost just deal with it.

I figured it was more a defective keyboard I've been too lazy to try and
deal with clueless dell support with testing anything around linux, but
interesting others see this too.  Maybe some sort of hardware or
acpi/bios level defect?

-mb