Ah, that explains things a bit better.  What seems to be happening is on
your particular model it's probably only catching a key press and not a
release (so it's getting stuck).

Try to add a synthesized release event using systemd.
Basically you add an entry to
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/hwdb/60-keyboard.hwdb

with a bang.  If it fixes the problem, then an issue should be filed at systemd
upstream to fix this on your particular model (via that DMI data you shared
earlier).

It would only be applied to your model then.