Brian,

I double checked this model and there were some issues with fn-lock not
working properly, but they were fixed by the BIOS release you have.

> > and I can not seem to get the page up / page down working right. I hit fn-
> pgup and fn-pgdown.
> > At first it repeated, and now it does nothing. I am not sure what is up. The
> PgUp is combined
> > with the up arrow.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 03:50:08PM +0000, mario_limoncie...@dell.com
> wrote:
> > > On the Latitude, you should check and make sure you are up to date on
> the latest BIOS.
> > > This type of issue was resolved by an EC and BIOS update.
> > >
> > > I'm not aware of anything in Inspiron related to this, but first thing you
> should do is update BIOS
> > > in case there was a similar fix as the Latitude one that was applied.
> > >
> > > If it's persisting, see if you can reproduce it in EFI shell, WinPE or
> > > some
> other EFI applications outside Ubuntu.
>
> How do I test this in the EFI shell? I just tried testing using xev.

Add EFI shell to a USB boot disk under /efi/boot/bootx64.efi.
>From the F12 menu, select your USB boot disk.

Try pressing the troublesome buttons.

> > > Which 3000 Inspiron is this?  You can check /sys/class/dmi/id for more
> details if you don't know.
> > >
> > > If you can reproduce it outside Ubuntu I would recommend you contact
> support so they can
> > > work with the BIOS team to resolve it there.
>
> This Inspiron 3000 didn't come with Ubuntu preinstalled, but it appears as if
> it
> is certified.
> Should I contact Dell support?

Yeah, contacting support would be a good idea, but since you didn't purchase
it with Ubuntu, I would recommend you reproduce it in Windows or EFI shell
first.  Problems like this can inadvertently be caused by Linux so it's
important
to reproduce it somewhere more fixed.

If you had purchased it with Ubuntu they would have likely had you reproduce
it in the factory installed OS. They'll need to log a support issue, and having
it
somewhere reproducible for the BIOS team is necessary.