On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:46,Ralph Sanford scribed:
> Assuming SuSE 7.3, the following is a GUI suggestion.  Use Yast2  ->
> Hardware  ->  hardware info  ->  CDROM.  This shows the NAME of the
> device (no guessing required) and the sr? value.  Then link the /dev/sr?
> to whatever /dev/dvd.
>
> Then in fstab you can have
> /dev/dvd   /media/dvd   iso9660 ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
>
> Using SuSE 7.3 this is what I did last night to get my dvd and
> cdrecorder straightened around.  Until the links were correct the info
> in fstab had no effect on my system.
>
> Hope this helps.

Unless the kernel is recognising the dvd as a scsi device all the above will
not work. It is Suse and I do not have a high opinion of it either so far.
I do not like using yast2, as I have been using the manual configuring of cd
devices since 96, I think and thats always been reliable. Not now with Suse
7.3 as does kernel recompiles so Suse spits the dummy. BTW srx is now not used
and will disappear from /dev eventually scdx is the rcognised device. I also
can see that Suse has not got that far as yet either.

--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161