Wow, Norm!  I didn’t realize you drove up!  I just assumed you cruised up and
were sitting in a friend’s borrowed RV.  I’d tell you then to drive to OB but
at this point there’s not a whole hell of a lot of space in the yard.  They
starting hauling boats on an accelerated based once it appeared that Sandy was
going to pay us a visit.  I was out there this afternoon to strip the jib and
dodger off the boat to prep for the storm.  Since I’ve got that “Stack Pak”
arrangement on the main, and the biggest threat seems to be high tides and rain
(although 50-70 kts of forecast wind still gets your attention) I just spiral
wrapped the main around the boom, put some chafe around the mooring lines as
they come over the gunnel to the cleats and called it a day.

As opposed to Irene, last year, the biggest worry folks have is downed
powerlines and excessive flooding. One of the problems is that it looks like
Sandy will arrive on a Full Moon (or close enough) so the spring tides could
wreak major havoc.

Steve Weinstein
S/V CAPTIVA
1997 Hunter 376, Hull #376
Sailing out of Oyster Bay, NY

All outgoing mail protected by VIPRE A/V