* Mike Wyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:
>
> >* Jonathan Peterson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >> Also, as it is a modern cruise ship, we will use Grep's l33t hacking skills
> >> to gain control of all the automated systems from his Psion 5, whereupon we
> >
> >don't get me started on PDA's being used to ``hack'' systems, e.g. that
> >james bond film where they use a CE device and i've seen palm pilots
> >used - now if it was EPOC say a nice R380 (with non-standard ROM)
> >sure, but PalmOS, CE ...... nah
>
> Psions are eminently capable of hacking- I use my Ericsson rebadged 5MX
> as a pocketable terminal emulator at work- plugs straight into a serial
> port with decent terminal support. Ideal for administering UPSs, remote
> power control units, and machines with the system administrator shell
> running on the serial port.

the upcoming Nokia communicator, with the colour screen and the EPOC
operating system is what i'm waiting for. especially as it can now
download other EPOC programs to run on it. very nifty indeed, but
i would say that.

Greg

(disclosure : Greg works for Symbian currently)

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net