On 4 Apr 2001, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> Robin Houston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I agree with you about education, but all the best punk bands
> > started off without the first idea how to play any of their
> > instruments :-)
>
> Stranglers? The Pistols?
>
> All had their fair share of musicians...and boy, didn't the rest learn
> fast or die...

The Ramones are *still* using the same three chords they
were in the '70s. Pistols - the only non-musician was Sid
(drummers don't count, since they're not musicians...), and often
when they played live Sid's bass wasn't plugged into an amp because
he was so bad. As for the Stranglers, they were pub rock, not really punk.

---
jon eyre ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (http://simpson.dyndns.org/~jon/)
the slack which can be described is not the true slack