From: "Dominic Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 07 June 2001 10:44
Subject: Sony Clie (was: Re: Social meet)

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:45:09AM +0100, Robert Shiels wrote:
> > Between 5 and 6pm I'll be wandering up and down TCR looking for a new
PDA.
> > Sony Clie is my preferred choice at the moment. If anyone knows a good
shop,
> > or is good at haggling and wants to help, I'm on 07801 814138.
>
> Has anybody got the USB syncing thing to work under Linux/BSD?  I tried
> coldsync, but unfortunately, the USB protocol that sony use appears to
> be completely different to the visor one that it supports.  :-(

I did some reading on this, and you are of course right. The Sony machine
has a serial interface, with some kind of USB conversion. Therefore you only
get serial speed from the sync, but you don't have to mess about with serial
ports and IRQs and stuff. I suppose I should get a PalmV, but I like Sony
stuff so much, and it does have the memory stick expansion slot.

/Robert