Robin Szemeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
> > > their Memory Stick is a closed book.
> >
> > Fine with me. Then maybe we'll get decent short range wireless data
> > exchange with good authentication and encryption.
>
> and the problem with Lucent Orinoco ( + RC128 )  is?

its totally insecure

"Although most 802.11 equipment is designed to disregard encrypted
content for which it does not have the key, we have been able to
successfully intercept WEP-encrypted transmissions by changing the
configuration of the drivers."

<http://www.isaac.cs.berkeley.edu/isaac/wep-faq.html>

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]

if you were inclined to lose your mind, you could stay on the internet
all day.