Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 12/02/2018 ?? 16:23, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
>> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>>> Another data point: to have a chance to get LyX 2.3.0 in ubuntu 18/04 LTS,
>>> we will need it to be in debian before March 1st. I do not know how quick
>>> the debian maintainers will be to package 2.3.0 there (they have a life too
>>> ;), so it is our interest to get this thing out.
>> I'd say no chance; rc2 is only in experimental it would need to bubble
>> through unstable (currently 2.2.3-5) to testing (2.2.3-2) first and I
>> strongly doubt they will just push it directly to testing within week or so.
>> You can always ask though...
>
> I kind of suspected that... Too bad.

I quickly checked whether we know the current maintainer from the list
and this log showed as one of the changes between 2.2.3-5 x 2.2.3-5:
Revert "Use Python 3 instead of 2", introduced in 2.2.3-3. The support of
Python 3 is still too fragile and results in FTBFS bugs in packages depending
on lyx conversion scripts.

I do not think that any package maintainer in his senses will ever push 2.3
directly to testing when issues like this are involved :)

Pavel