I've an article, prepared in LyX, whose citations and bibliography I need to have rendered in Chicago style. (Indeed, If I can get the sections titles &c to conform automatically to Chicago-journal style, that would be great.)

I'd like to avoid a process of tweaking a .tex file.

When I try to handl things by way of the preamble, LyX yowls about conflicting specifications. If I have to do everything through the preamble or by tweaking a .tex file, then I'd like to know how to disable the build-in Bibliography processing.