On 15-May-18 10:15 PM, Jim Rockford wrote:

People are still taunting about this like schoolyard infants?  Well, here's a
few reasons for you that apply to my case, Johnny boy:

(1)  I work in a scientific field and a specific laboratory that uses data
analysis software for which there are only Windows versions.  I used Linux
exclusively prior to joining this lab.  I'd rather not quit this job because of
a Linux snobbery affliction.
(2)  Gaming.  I have a Windows machine at home because I like to play modern
video games.  Good luck trying to get them to run on WINE, which is a cheat
anyway if you're a Linux purist.
(3)  There's nothing wrong with having a dual boot Windows/Linux system for the
sake of convenience.  I'm not going to waste time booting into Linux just to
write scientific documents if I'm already in Windows.

Jim

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 11:03 PM, John White