On Feb 13, 2022, at 12:49 PM, Hal Kierstead <hal.kierst...@me.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2022, at 8:24 AM, tush via lyx-users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
> <mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>> wrote:
>
> I am writing a book where each chapter is typed in a child document. The book
> contains citation from a bib file.
>
> I am following the instructions here
> (https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Multidoc#multipart-bib
> <https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Multidoc#multipart-bib>) and am pretty sure I
> created my branch correctly.
>
> I created a master file, inserted the bib database into it, created a branch,
> created a child document, activated the branch in this child doc, and also
> deativated the branch in the master doc.
>
> However, I now compile the first chapter and it seems that no information
> regarding the bib database is included in it. When I export this child
> document to a tex file, nothing related to biblatex is in the preamble.
>
> How can I print the cited work when compiling only this chapter?
>
> A MWE is attached as a zip file.
> <Ehud-mailing-list-question-13-February.zip>--
> lyx-users mailing list
> lyx-users@lists.lyx.org <mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>

I have similar questions, but almost no experience with child documents.
Ideally I would like to be able to first compile the entire document, and then
edit and compile a child document, separately from the rest of the master
document, but still see citations and reference numbers as they will appear
when the entire document is compiled. Can LyX manage this? If not would this be
a reasonable enhancement request?

Thanks,

Hal